- Owner: UDOT
- Location: SR-73 to 2100 North in Salt Lake County
- Completion Date: 1 Jul 2020
- Core Competencies: Earthwork, Structural Concrete, Pipelines & Drainage
Mountain View Corridor in Salt Lake County (SR-85) from 4100 South (SR-73) to 2100 North is a top project for UDOT in 2019 and will complete construction in 2021. This phase of the project will connect Mountain View Corridor to S.R. 201, linking this important north-south highway to an existing freeway and greatly improving access for drivers in western Salt Lake County.
The work consists of several major parts including building four lanes (two in each direction) and 13 new bridges, construction of a new interchange at SR-201, including reconstruction of 5600 West ramps at SR-201, reconstructing SR-201 north and south frontage roads, and widening of SR-201. There are nineteen roadway structures, seven shared use path (SUP) bridges, and two under-crossings. Additional work includes intersection improvements at 3500 South and 5600 West, and 5600 West and California Avenue.
• Widen the intersections at 3500 S. and 5600 S.
• New Connection with SR-201
• 13 Bridges
• 6 Pedestrian Bridges
• 4 miles of two-lane road with bike and walking trails
The major items of work for this phase of the (MVC) consists of:
• Moving 3,400,000 cubic yards of earthwork, enough material to fill two football stadiums
• Paving 378,000 cubic yards of concrete