The Sweetwater Solid waste Disposal district working with Sweetwater County are going to turn the Rock Springs landfill into a regional facility that would serve a host of southwest Wyoming communities. To accommodate the increased amount of solid waste, the Sweetwater Solid waste disposal district has expanded the current landfill area.
The expansion project required the following:
• 160,000 cubic yards of excavation
• 32,000 sy of 60 mil HDPE liner
• 32,000 sy of bentonite clay liner
• 32,000 sy of geonet
• 2,000 linear feet of 8″ to 18″ HDPE pipe
• Miscellaneous culvert boxes and electrical pumps
The excavated material was processed and stockpiled for future use as backfill when the solid waste is buried.