I-80; Pequop, Nevada
- Owner: Nevada DOT
- Location: Pequop, Nevada
- Completion Date: 30 Nov 2019
- Core Competencies: Earthwork, Crushing & Asphalt, Pipelines & Drainage
The Pequop project was a road improvement project for the Nevada Department of Transportation located about 60 miles northwest of Wendover, NV. Due to the location of this project, W.W. Clyde was able to utilize their portable crusher and hot plant to produce all the materials needed for the project. With some new equipment acquisitions and out-of-the-box thinking, the crusher increased production and helped keep the project under budget.
The scope of the project included:
• Repave 20 miles of highway along I-80 through Pequop valley
• Add a 3-mile eastbound climbing lane to Pequop pass
• 210,000 cubic yards of roadway excavation from three major cuts
• 127,000 cubic yards of the excess material was deposed off-site.
• 20 miles of milling and paving asphalt
• Place 121,000 tons of asphalt and 37,000 tons of open grade surfacing materials
• Lengthen and widen merge lanes on the Summit Interchange
• Widen roadside shoulders
• Improve roadside barrier rail
As part of NDOT’s dedication to preserving the quality of stormwater crossing state roadways, roadside drainage and water treatment features were enhanced.
We have built a very strong relationship with the Nevada Department of Transportation. They know that we build quality projects. On the first 7 miles of completed pavement, the Resident Engineer told us this is the smoothest road he’s ever been a part of constructing.
This project was of significant importance to W.W. Clyde as it is the location where we completed our first road construction project. Read about the Clyde-Sumsion legacy event about honoring the past as we build our future.