The Jordanelle Water Reclamation Project consists of the construction of three pipelines to convey sewage, drinking water, and raw water in a set of three parallel pipes of various capacity from a location adjacent to US-40, through the federal Jordanelle Dam Primary Jurisdiction Zone (PJZ) to below Jordanelle Dam, to a connection point outside the PJZ. This project includes the construction of the following elements with appurtenant structures:
• Approximately 1,632 linear feet of 18-inch HDPE sewer pipe;
• 800 linear feet of 20-inch HDPE sewer pipe;
• 1,125 linear feet of 24″ HDPE pipe (finished water);
• 1,260 linear feet of 16″ ductile iron water pipe (finished water);
• 2,382 linear feet of 30″ HDPE water pipe (raw water); and
• Utility bridge with reinforced concrete headwalls across the Provo River
This project is being constructed on a very steep slope with limited easements. Concrete for this project is delivered by hauling a couple of cubic yards in the front bucket of a Track Loader up the steep hillside one load at a time. The crews have done a great job in working safely on this mountainside allowing the project to stay on schedule and run smoothly.